At this years NYC Comic Con I got to see a demo for the sequel to the hit PC game Killing Floor which is set to hit Steam some time next year.
Killing Floor 2 takes place one month after the events from the original game. Players are in continental Europe where Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has caused a massive outbreak that is nearly unstoppable as it spreads through the region, crippling Europe. Governments are collapsing and communications are failing as the specimen clones are popping up every where sending the civilized world into a tailspin.
With all hope looking to be lost it is actually quite the opposite as a group of civilians and mercenaries are banding together, to fight the good fight and take back what was lost. In Killing Floor 2 the players deep inside hot zones filled with ZEDs in an attempt to exterminate every last one of them.
The following is an official release from Tripwire Interactive on key features from within Killing Floor 2:
- Visceral Gore– Killing Floor 2 ramps up the gore with a proprietary, high-powered persistent blood system bringing new levels of fidelity to the genre. Players will send entrails, severed limbs, and blood flying as they wade through hordes of enemies. But they need to watch out! If caught, enemies will rip them, and their entire party limb from limb
- 6 player co-op or solo play— A multitude of varied playable characters await for players to choose from as they enter the fray in online co-op mode or solo mode for those willing to brave the horrific specimens alone
- Terrifying Zeds– New enemies and fan favorites from the original game are back with expanded and smarter artificial intelligence, dishing out powerful attacks, working as a group to weaken the player’s party and pushing the challenge level and fear factor to new levels
- Unique Blend Of Weaponry– From modern militaristic assault rifles, brutal improvised makeshift weapons, classic historical guns, and off the wall “Mad Scientist” weapons, Killing Floor 2 has a unique blend of killing tools that will satisfy any gamer
- Expanded Perk System– Perks from the original game have been reimagined with more added to the fold. All perks now progress with meaningful talent choices that amplify different play styles, giving players a progression path that is expansive and full of rewarding milestones
- Brutal Melee Combat– Killing Floor 2 reinvents melee combat completely. Players now have control over the type of melee attacks they can perform, enabling them to deliver bone-breaking crippling attacks to Zeds
KILLING FLOOR 2 is developed and published by Tripwire Interactive for the PC and SteamOS. This title has not yet been rated by the ESRB.
Stay up-to-date with the latest KILLING FLOOR 2 news and information at www.killingfloor2.com. You can also keep track of Tripwire Interactive at any of these online channels: www.tripwireinteractive.com, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/tripwireinteractive, Twitter at https://twitter.com/TripwireInt and on YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/tripwireinteractive.